What are the benefits of better attention skills?
Improving a student's attention can be of benefit to their overall achievements because it:
- gets them ready to focus on lesson material
- improves their focus on important words, numbers, shapes, colours, sounds, and other information
- helps them to ignore unimportant things
- accelerates physical skills learning by focusing attention on hands, feet and eyes. This improves coordination
- improves memory through sharper focus on learning materials
- the benefits are lasting
These benefits can help their:
- self-confidence because they perform better at school
- relationships with teachers, family and friends.