Who is it for?
Concentration Plus - ADHD is our most advanced programme specifically developed for ADHD/ADD. It is available to students with a diagnosis of ADHD/ADD, as an alternative or addition to medication, and offers guaranteed lasting results. It has also helped more than 20 000 students with attention problems related to premature or traumatic birth, heart conditions, glue ear, autism and other conditions.
Why should you consider it?
Attention is the key to academic success and on its own responsible for 62% of school results. Students who struggle to concentrate are at higher risk of serious long-term health and social problems. We believe it is the foundation for success and happiness, and that evaluating, correcting or improving it should be the priority for anyone how struggles. Concentration Plus offers important benefits over other options and can work in combination for better results:
1. Guaranteed Results: We guarantee the results we specify so you can proceed with confidence.
2. Complete solution: Concentration Plus contains all the steps, tools and advice required to improve attention and learning.
3. Evidence-based: The programme is based on the latest evidence and we use objective outcome measures so you can have confidence in the results.
4. Lasting Results: Concentration Plus provides lasting results, unlike medication for ADHD that offers no proven lasting benefits.
5. Safety: ADHD medications risk serious short and long-term side effects. Concentration Plus appears safe and without side effects, based on 15 years of experience helping more than 20 000 clients. Smart Start Minds is regulated by the Care Quality Commission in England to help ensure we deliver the highest quality services.
6. Convenient: The entire programme can be provided at home, delivered 1:1 online by our certified and DBS checked trainers.
7. Specialist Team: All clients and training programmes are overseen by Dr. Thomas Dannhauser and his experienced team.
How does it work?
Each of the three main steps of Concentration Plus has a specific purpose.
- Evaluate - Concentration can be affected by physical, emotional and environmental health problems. The questionnaire identifies these so they may be addressed. It takes 10 minutes to complete online.
- Test - Concentration ability is tested on a computer game that measures speed, accuracy, consistency, and ability to sustain concentration for up to 20 minutes. It takes 30 minutes and is done online.
- Training - Individualised training is delivered by certified trainers. Each bespoke programme is designed to improve a student’s ability to engage, control and sustain their focus. This improves their persistence on tasks, accuracy and independent effort. Training is tailored to meet a student's specific needs. Programmes are designed using evidence-based state-of-the-art near-infrared neurofeedback and cognitive training techniques and the insight and experience that Dr. Thomas Dannhauser and his team have gained from helping over 20,000 clients. Session take 45-60 minutes, programmes have 25-40 sessions are done at home using our specialist equipment and your home computer.