Who can benefit?
Concentration Plus-ADHD is our most advanced programme specifically developed for ADHD/ADD. It can be used as an alternative or with medication and offers guaranteed lasting results. It can also help for attention problems related to premature or traumatic birth, congenital heart conditions, glue ear and hearing impairment, and autism.
Why consider it?
Attention is the key to academic success and on its own responsible for 62% of school results. Students who struggle to concentrate are at higher risk of serious long-term health and social problems. We believe that the ability to focus is the foundation for success and happiness, and that evaluating, correcting or improving it should be the priority for anyone how struggles.
What are the benefits?
Concentration Plus-ADHD offers important benefits over other options and can work in combination for better results:
1. Guaranteed: The programme either works or we refund you, so you can proceed with confidence.
2. Complete solution: Concentration Plus-ADHD contains all the steps, tools and advice required to improve attention and learning.
3. Evidence-based: The programme is based on the latest evidence and we use objective outcome measures so you can have confidence in the results.
4. Lasting Results: Concentration Plus-ADHD provides lasting results, unlike medication for ADHD that offers no proven lasting benefits.
5. Safe: ADHD medications risk serious short and long-term side effects. Concentration Plus appears safe and without serious or lasting side effects, based on 15 years of experience helping more than 20 000 clients. Smart Start Minds is regulated by the Care Quality Commission in England to help ensure we deliver the highest quality services. All out trainers are DBS checked.
6. Convenient: The entire programme can be provided online in the convenience of your own home.
7. Specialist Team: Our team is led by Dr. Thomas Dannhauser, consultant psychiatrist, and neuroscientist, who studied the brain and methods to improve it during his Ph.D and as honorary senior lecturer at University College London. He oversees all clients and their training programmes.
The 5-step process
Concentration Plus-ADHD has 5 steps:
- Evaluate - Concentration can be affected by physical, emotional and environmental health problems. The questionnaire identifies these so they may be addressed. It takes 10 minutes to complete online.
- Test - Concentration ability is tested on a computer game that measures speed, accuracy, consistency, and ability to sustain concentration for up to 20 minutes. It takes 30 minutes and is done online.
- Feedback - Feedback on the results of the evaluation and test is discussed with you and you receive a written report that will include a training proposal.
- Training - Individualised training is delivered by certified trainers. Each bespoke programme is designed to improve the ability to engage, control and sustain focus. This improves persistence on tasks, accuracy and independent effort. Training is tailored to meet a student's specific needs. Training programmes typically include 40 sessions, further sessions may be required for some clients. Sessions last 60 minutes and are completed at home using our specialist equipment and your home computer.
- Results - The attention test is repeated and we get feedback from parents, teacher/tutors to determine the success of training and next steps.